School Board Election
The Board of Trustees is comprised of seven community members, five selected from single-member districts (1-5) and two from the super districts (6 & 7). Each member serves for a term of three years. On a rotating basis, Board seats are filled during annual elections held on the first Saturday in May. Trustees provide service to the Crockett community without financial compensation.
THE NEXT SCHOOL BOARD TRUSTEE ELECTION IS ON NOVEMBER 3, 2020
Trustee Candidate applications can be filed in the Crockett ISD Administration Office located at 1400 West Austin St, Crockett, TX 75835 beginning Wednesday, January 15, 2020 – 5:00 p.m. Friday, February 14, 2020.
Candidate Eligibility: An individual is eligible to be a candidate for, or elected or appointed to, a Texas school board if the individual:
- Is a United States citizen;
- Is 18 years of age or older on the first day of the term to be filled at the election or on the date of appointment, as applicable;
- Has not been determined by a final judgment of a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be totally mentally incapacitated or partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote;
- Has not been finally convicted of a felony;
- Has resided continuously in the state for 12 months and in the territory from which the office is elected for six months immediately preceding the following date:
- For an independent candidate, the date of the regular filing deadline for a candidate’s application for a place on the ballot;
- For a write-in candidate, the date of the election at which the candidate’s name is written in; or
- For an appointee to an office, the date the appointment is made;
- Is registered to vote in the territory from which the office is elected on the date described above;
- Must be a qualified voter: 18 years of age or older, a U.S.. citizen, a Texas resident, a registered voter, not determined to be totally or partially mentally incapacitated by an appropriate court, and not finally convicted of a felony;
- Has not been convicted of a felony or an offense under Texas Penal Code §43.02(b) regarding prostitution.
Tex .Educ.Code §11.061; Texas Election Code §§11.002;11.066;and 141.001.